We are a family-focused and family-driven firm. The foundation of our practice is family law; however, our practice areas include trusts and estates, business law, employment law, adoption and assisted reproductive technology. Our main office is located just minutes from the courthouse in Charlotte, North Carolina in the historic Walter Brem House. We also have offices in the historic G.G. Galloway House, Ballantyne, Monroe, North Carolina and Rock Hill, South Carolina. We have been voted one of Charlotte’s Best Places to Work for multiple years. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our family law practice group. Experience in a legal setting and/or Family Law experience a plus.
Candidates must be detail oriented and possess excellent writing, communication, organizational and computer skills, and be proficient in outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel. Responsibilities include administrative support to the Firm Administrator and HR Manager, QuickBooks and Accounting. Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team, as well as possess a sense of humor.
Additionally, we are seeking to hire another administrative assistant in the form of a receptionist.The Administrative Assistant Receptionist manages the overall daily operations of the firm. This person is often the first voice clients here, and the first face clients see. Duties can range from opening and closing the office, ordering and inventorying supplies, personal assistant tasks, client management and vendor contact. The administrative assistant – receptionist reports directly to the Human Resource Manager but also works closely with the entire administrative team and the managing principal.
The general responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant Receptionist include but are not limited to the following:
- Opening and closing the office
- Supply orders for kitchen, bathrooms, work rooms to include review and accommodate, when appropriate, specific requests for events or staff members
- Run inventories on current supplies
- Price comparisons for supply orders
- Restock items as needed
- Work directly with administration and vendors
- Answer the phones and transferring to respective employee
- Establish back up system for lunch hours
- Manage confidentiality forms for vendors, etc.
- Running initial consultation check-in process
- Running payment (monthly invoices, consult fees, etc.)
- Setup of clients in QuickBooks after the initial consultation
- Add clients to the Client Management system online
- Create new client file to include facilitating the execution of the fee agreement by respective attorney
- Create/send welcome letter for client to receive after retaining firm
- Sorting all incoming mail—getting to respective assistant, attorney, employee, or billing department
- Schedule client and internal meetings for attorneys/staff
- Manage conference room calendars
Excellent benefits package including health insurance, life insurance, PTO and paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience. Work schedule is as follows: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.