Divorce is tough, but we are tougher. Our philosophy is family-first. The foundation of our practice is and always has been family law. Over the years, our practice areas have expanded to include trusts and estates, corporate tax, adoption, mediation, entertainment law and more. Our main office is located at The Graham, 217 North Graham Street, in Uptown Charlotte, North Carolina. We also have additional offices in Rock Hill, South Carolina; Monroe, North Carolina; and in Cornelius, North Carolina.
The bookkeeper is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely payment of invoices received by the firm. Working with the Client Accounts Manager and Firm Administrator, the bookkeeper maintains strong organizational skills for the firm administrator to monitor the impact of payments in the firm’s bottom line. This position requires an intelligent, flexible, proactive, organized and independent person who will work well as part of a team and independently.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- IOLTA compliance
- Journal entries
- Monthly reconciliation
- Pay vendors as needed weekly with reimbursable expenses
- Obtain W-9 for vendors
- Create 1099s as needed annually
- Cuts expense checks for employee reimbursements
- Receive payments confirming proper forms completed
- Post payments to client account in QuickBooks
- Process checks for filing fees
Outstanding candidates will also have:
- 1+ years law firm experience preferred
- 2+ years QuickBooks experience
- Intermediate-Advanced skill set for Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Multi-task: kick ass efficiently and prioritize with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Know their “why” and understand ours
Excellent benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, PTO, 401K with an employer match and paid holidays. The work schedule is as follows: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.