Sodoma Law is a family law firm with 6 offices across North Carolina and South Carolina. Over the years, our practice areas have expanded to include trusts and estates, corporate, adoption, mediation, entertainment law, and more. As our areas of practice grow, so does our footprint across the Carolinas. We are seeking a Family Law Attorney for our office in Charlotte, North Carolina who can serve clients handling spousal support, division of assets, child custody, child support, divorce, domestic violence, and other delicate family law issues. Our Family Law Attorneys are intelligent, driven, flexible, tenacious, and proactive leaders who fight for the best outcome for their clients. They are team players, committed to honesty and integrity, and are active participants in internal initiatives and The Sodoma Way.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Providing competent legal advice to a book of family law clients in hearings, settlement negotiations, and mediations.
- Meeting with clients, drafting documents and pleadings, research, and discovery.
- Licensed and in good standing with the North Carolina State Bar (Licensed in South Carolina is a plus).
- 4+ years’ Experience working in a family law firm.
- Ability to understand Local Rules and how they apply to family law cases.
- Adequate skill working independently on cases while maintaining a client base.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills specifically in high-stress and emotional situations.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while showing empathy to all clients.
Outstanding candidates for this position should be:
- Creative and able to think outside of the box.
- Problem solvers with the ability to identify solutions.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness incentives, 401k with an employer match, long-term and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, excellent working environment, PTO, and paid holidays.
At Sodoma Law, we have a different way of looking at things. Whether clients need a holistic approach to their case or a gladiator in the courtroom, we serve their needs to get the results they deserve. This kind of advocacy is extraordinary and is the lens through which we do our best work. Candidates who are servant leaders, know their “why” and understand ours: we encourage you to fill out the application form below or contact our in-house recruiter, Aneisha Goffin directly at email@example.com or 704.442.0000.
Sodoma Law provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sodoma Law complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the firm has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, compensation, and training.