Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Providing competent legal advice to a book of family law clients in hearings, settlement negotiations, and mediations.
- Meeting with clients, drafting documents and pleadings, research, and discovery.
- Licensed and in good standing with the South Carolina State Bar (Licensed in North Carolina is a plus).
- 4+ years’ Experience working in a family law firm.
- Ability to understand Local Rules and how they apply to family law cases.
- Adequate skill in working independently on cases while maintaining a client base.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills specifically in high-stress and emotional situations.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while showing empathy to all clients.
Outstanding candidates for this position should be:
- Creative and able to think outside of the box.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness incentive, 401k with an employer match, long-term and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, excellent working environment, PTO, and paid holidays.
At Sodoma Law, we have a different way of looking at things. Whether clients need a holistic approach to their case or a gladiator in the courtroom, we serve their needs to get the results they deserve. This kind of advocacy is very special and is the lens through which we do our best work. Candidates who are servant leaders, know their “why” and understand ours: we encourage you to please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample.
Sodoma Law provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sodoma Law complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the firm has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, compensation, and training.