Divorce is tough, but we are tougher. Our philosophy is family-first. The foundation of our practice is and always has been family law. Over the years, our practice areas have expanded to include trusts and estates, corporate tax, adoption, mediation, entertainment law and more. Our main office is located at The Graham, 217 North Graham Street, in Uptown Charlotte, North Carolina. We also have additional offices in Cornelius, North Carolina, Rock Hill, South Carolina, and Monroe, North Carolina.
The File Clerk provides day-to-day administrative support to our Accounting department. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working independently, managing competing priorities, proactive, and have a sense of urgency.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Organize, copy, and file documents
- Enter information into QuickBooks and Excel spreadsheets
- Cover the front desk in the Receptionist’s absence
- Assist with the client file-closing process. Prepare, organize, and close case files for offsite storage
- Ad hoc projects, as needed.
Outstanding candidates will also have:
- 1-2 years of related experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Possess excellent communication, organization and computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Multi-task: kick ass efficiently and prioritize with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Ability to pinpoint problems and identify solutions
- Be creative
- Know their “why” and understand ours
This is part-time role with an anticipated work schedule of 25 hours per week Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.