Divorce is tough, but we are tougher. Our philosophy is family-first. The foundation of our practice is and always has been family law. Over the years, our practice areas have expanded to include trusts and estates, corporate tax, adoption, mediation, entertainment law and more. Our main office is located at The Graham, 217 North Graham Street, in Uptown Charlotte, North Carolina. We also have additional offices in Rock Hill, SC, Cornelius, NC, and Monroe, NC.
The Front Desk Administrative Assistant supports the day-to-day operations of the firm. This position welcomes clients to our office, answers the phone, orders, inventories, and restocks office supplies, conducts client intake process, and opens and closes the office. Our ideal candidate must be comfortable working independently, managing competing priorities, be customer service-minded, proactive, and have a sense of urgency.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Opening and closing the office
- Run weekly inventories on current supplies
- Price comparisons for supply orders, as needed
- Work directly with administration and vendors
- Answer phones and transfer calls to respective employees
- Establish phone coverage for lunch hours with support staff
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding functions, including: scheduling interviews, updating candidate tracking spreadsheet, informing candidates of adverse decisions, preparing onboarding materials, preparing new hire office space or workstation, etc.
- Assist with calendaring meetings for HR Manager, Attorneys, Managing Principal, and other staff
- Manage confidentiality forms for vendors
- Run initial consultation check-in process
- Run payment (monthly invoices, consult fees, etc.)
- Setup of clients in accounting software
- Create new client files to include facilitating the execution of the fee agreement by respective attorneys
- Create/send welcome letter for client to receive after retaining the firm
- Mail distribution
- Manage conference room calendars
Outstanding candidates will also have:
- A sense of humor
- A minimum of 1-year experience
- Possess excellent writing, communication, organization and computer skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Multi-task: kick ass efficiently and prioritize with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Ability to pinpoint problems and identify solutions
- Be creative
- Know their “why” and understand ours
Excellent benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, PTO, 401K with an employer match and paid holidays. The work schedule is as follows: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.