Divorce is tough, but we are tougher. Our philosophy is family-first. The foundation of our practice is and always has been family law. Over the years, our practice areas have expanded to include trusts and estates, corporate tax, adoption, mediation, entertainment law and more. Our main office is located at The Graham, 217 North Graham Street, in Uptown Charlotte, North Carolina. We also have additional offices in Rock Hill, South Carolina and Monroe, North Carolina.
The HR Administrative Assistant will be exposed to and support the Managing Principal and Human Resource Manager by managing all administrative aspects of work as well as to ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operations of the office. This position requires an intelligent, flexible, proactive, organized and independent person who will engage in administrative duties and take the bull by the horns.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate travel arrangements for out of town conferences and handle changes as they occur.
- Assist with HR functions, including recruiting, posting open jobs, scheduling interviews, creating employee files
- Track employee time and PTO
- Handle company phone system – name and extension updates
- Initial point of contact along with the HR Manager for all IT matters
- Assisting with open IT tickets, new hire setup and termination of IT related items
- Facilities and vendor management (pest control, cleaning company, HVAC company, etc.)
- Monthly elevator service
- Organize and schedule meetings, as well as assist in the preparation of staff/attorney meetings and agendas and supporting documentation
- Special projects or cross-train as necessary
Outstanding candidates will also have:
- A minimum of 1-year experience
- Possess excellent writing, communication, organization and computer skills
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Work independently and take initiative
- Multi-task: kick ass efficiently and prioritize with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Ability to pinpoint problems and identify solutions
- Be creative
- Know their “why” and understand ours
Excellent benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, PTO, 401K with an employer match and paid holidays. The work schedule is as follows: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.