Sodoma Law is a family law firm with 6 offices across North Carolina and South Carolina. Over the years, our practice areas have expanded to include trusts and estates, corporate, adoption, mediation, entertainment law, and more. As our areas of practice grow, so does our footprint across the Carolinas.
We are seeking a Family Law Paralegal for our Charlotte, North Carolina office who can support our attorneys by maintaining proper workflow, managing litigation calendars, drafting, and preparing legal documents, and be the driving force behind the day-to-day operations of the law practice.
Our paralegals are organized, handle pressure well, understand the importance of deadlines thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. They are self-motivators, comfortable working independently, and can manage competing priorities.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare, file, and serve legal documents such as enclosure memos, pleadings, certificates of service, client correspondence, subpoenas, and financial affidavits.
- Assist with trial preparation by creating demonstrative exhibits, pleading notebooks, asset/debt spreadsheets, and perform child support calculations.
- Analyzing evidence and discovery to produce documentation, respond with objections, identify missing documents, and produce Federal Rule Letters.
- Manage and track case management by updating calendars and organizing client files.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a family law firm.
- Ability to understand Local Rules and how they apply to family law cases.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills specifically in high-stress and emotional situations.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while showing empathy to all clients.
Outstanding candidates for this position should be:
- Creative and able to think outside of the box.
- Problem solvers with the ability to identify solutions.
- Licensed North Carolina Paralegal Licensed Notary Public.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness incentives, 401k with an employer match, long-term and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, excellent working environment, PTO, and paid holidays.
At Sodoma Law, we have a different way of looking at things. Whether clients need a holistic approach to their case or a gladiator in the courtroom, we serve their needs to get the results they deserve. This kind of advocacy is very special and is the lens through which we do our best work. Candidates who are servant leaders, know their “why” and understand ours: we encourage you to fill out the application form below or contact our in-house recruiter, Aneisha Goffin directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704.442.0000.
Sodoma Law provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sodoma Law complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the firm has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, compensation, and training.