Divorce is tough, but we are tougher. Our philosophy is family-first. The foundation of our practice is and always has been family law. Over the years, our practice areas have expanded to include trusts and estates, corporate tax, adoption, mediation, entertainment law and more. Our main office is located at The Graham, 217 North Graham Street, in Uptown Charlotte, North Carolina. We also have additional offices in Rock Hill, South Carolina, Monroe, North Carolina, and Cornelius, North Carolina.
The Paralegal provides support to their lawyer(s) to ensure the litigation calendar is managed, drafting documents, filing motions, interviewing clients, maintain proper workflow, and assists with billing invoices and distribution, and time entry as well as assisting in day-to-day operations of the law practice.
Paralegal General Responsibilities:
- Prepares and sends enclosure memos to clients
- Saves client documents and pleadings to file
- Creates new client files
- Assist with trial preparation
- Assist with closing client files
- Calendar reminders
- Client filing
- Name changes
- Hard file organization
- Discovery: document production
- Discovery: responses with objections
- Discovery: Organization and identifying missing documents
- Discover: rule 45 letters
- Create and issue subpoenas
- Deposition and scheduling notice
- Child support calculations
- Financial Affidavit (short & long form)
Outstanding candidates will also have:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience – Family Law experience preferred
- Detail oriented
- Possess excellent writing, communication, organization and computer skills
- Be proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve and to think outside the box
- Ability to have fun and remain humble while providing exceptional service to our clients and team members.
Excellent benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, PTO, 401K with an employer match and paid holidays. The work schedule is as follows: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. At times you could work outside of those hours to complete any necessary tasks to meet deadlines.
Job Type: Full Time