Divorce is tough, but we are tougher. Our philosophy is family-first. The foundation of our practice is and always has been family law. Over the years, our practice areas have expanded to include trusts and estates, corporate tax, adoption, mediation, entertainment law and more. Our main office is located at The Graham, 217 North Graham Street, in Uptown Charlotte, North Carolina. We also have additional offices in Rock Hill, SC, Cornelius, NC, and Monroe, NC.
The Legal Assistant position is a dual role at our Sodoma Law York (Rock Hill, SC) location. This position is a combined Legal Assistant and Receptionist role that supports the day-to-day operations of the firm, as well as its attorneys and paralegals. Duties include welcoming clients to our office, answering the phone, restocking office supplies, conducting the client intake process, opening, and closing the office, managing the litigation calendar, and assisting with billing invoices, and time entry. The Legal Assistant must be comfortable working independently, managing competing priorities, be customer service-minded and proactive, and have a sense of urgency.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls and liaise with clients, referrals, vendors, and the like.
- Capture and track relevant data pertaining to the case coordination process.
- Open and close the office.
- Manage conference room calendar.
- Maintain the stock office supplies.
- Receive, sort, scan, and distribute mail and packages. Delivers mail to Post Office when needed.
- Notify staff when their guests arrive.
- Create new client (physical and electronic) files, including facilitating the execution of fee agreements by the respective attorney.
- Creates subfiles.
- Prepare, organize, and close case files for offsite storage.
- Creates and Updates Pleadings notebooks.
- Assists with trial preparation.
- Client filing.
- Prepare and send enclosure memos to clients.
- Save client documents and pleadings to file.
- Prepare and file Certificates of Service to be filed with the Court.
- Establishes and maintains client copy codes.
- Schedule client consults and other meetings with attorneys.
- Set up clients in QuickBooks after the initial consultation.
- Create client welcome letters after being retained by the firm.
Assist with the planning, organization, and coordinating of staff social events, and other staff meetings or events, as needed. Assistance will include calendaring, arranging for and/or picking up catering, coordinating travel arrangements, setting up event space and activities, anticipating needs, etc.
Outstanding candidates will also have:
- Possess excellent writing, communication, organization, and computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Work independently and take initiative
- Multi-task: kick ass efficiently and prioritize with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Ability to pinpoint problems and identify solutions
- Be creative
- Know their “why” and understand ours.
Excellent benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, PTO, 401K with an employer match and paid holidays. The work schedule is as follows: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.